Thursday, April 12, 2012

Linguine Lindsay... PASTA!!!

I was reading through all my food magazines and newspaper clippings I have saved over the years and came upon an amazing dish I made over the weekend.  It was soooo good, I named it Linguine Lindsay after my sister who has contributed so much to my blog and been so supportive every step of the way.  AND, don't worry Mallory (my youngest sister)... I am naming a dish after you, as well.  ;-)

If you are looking for a delicious BIG flavored meal without the heavy, pit-in-your-stomach feeling and LOW in calories, then look no further.  You'll have your friends asking for this recipe in no time! 

First, read this thoroughly a few times through (I always recommend this) so you know EXACTLY what you are facing.  It's not that difficult.  However, it's good to have an idea of what steps you are to follow... that way there's no surprises or forgotten or missed steps.  =)

Linguine Lindsay

Ingredients:

1 pound linguine (as you'll see, I used spaghetti because I had it...)
1 pound spinach
1 cup broccoli florets
4 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 garlic gloves, minced
1/4 cup finely crumbled gorgonzola cheese (I used Trader Joe's brand)
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup ALL NATURAL (Daisy brand is ALL natural and the only ingredient is CREAM)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (sea salt works great) and pepper
1/2 cup of chopped and coarsely ground RAW almonds (I used Trader Joe's brand)

Recipe:
  • Begin by cooking the pasta according to the directions as indicated on the package
  • Drain pasta once it's finish BUT reserve 1/2 - 1 cup of the pasta water for later
  • In the same pan you cooked the pasta in (drain it, but remember RESERVE 1/2 - 1 cup of pasta water), warm the EVOO over medium heat
  • Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute (be careful not to burn the garlic... burnt garlic will have your dish tasting bitter...)
  • Add broccoli and saute for another 2 minutes, add salt and pepper
  • Add pasta, spinach, gorgonzola, yogurt, and 1/2 cup to 1 cup (depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce to be)
  • Add almonds and toss well
  • Serve immediately




DELICIOUS!  For more on why these ingredients are healthy, satisfying, and part of a necessary diet... STAY TUNED!

3 comments:

  1. Yum...I'll try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Sounds delish, looks delish, must be delish! I too will give this a whirl! Awesome blog too I must add! I look forward to seeing more from you! Keep it up!

    This pasta dish will actually fit perfectly into my nutritional plan. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... this was delish! I should add USE WHOLE WHEAT PASTA Y'ALL!

    ReplyDelete