Saturday, April 21, 2012

Run for YOUR Life...

Today's run was awesome!   I didn't feel tired, bored, or distracted.  I was extremely focused and motivated.  I think the beautiful weather in Seattle has something to do with it.  Also, the fact my play list (via Pandora) was amazing.  Every song that played matched my every thought.  Rarely does that happen.  I think Pandora knows what I am thinking.  HAHA!  So, that right there put me in a fantastic mood.  I could have ran for another mile or so... But, my loop had ended.  I will have to map out a longer run for tomorrow. 

Focusing on why you are running, I feel, is the utmost important thing when you set out to run.  In fact, it's the most important thing to do before any exercise.  FOCUS helps you keep your head in the game and your eye on the prize.  I am focused on a healthier me... I am doing this for heart health, for my metabolism, for my therapy, for my LIFE. 

Those are just a few reasons why I run.   I also run to motivate others to do the same for their body, heart, mind, and soul.  After I run, I feel like electricity is surging through my body... All the endorphins from my adrenaline are pumping me up and providing me with a natural high that I LOVE!  I thrive off  that kind of high! 

I get the same feeling after a great, hard, sweat-filled workout, as well!!!  And, it's not just me that feels this way.  For most, that high is what starts the addiction to fitness and the overwhelming urge to continue for a lifetime.  Continuous exercise will keep you young, will keep you fit, will improve your mood, the way you eat, the way you think, YOUR LIFE overall. The benefits are endless!

Running is my cardio.  I love it!  I have really no idea where I was going with this blog, THANKS ADHD!  However, I wanted to let you know what I do to remain positive and focused on my running and why I run.  I run for my LIFE... I run for happiness, for exercise, to keep trim, for therapy... Haha!  Hopefully, you will experiencing these elated feelings or if you haven't you need to!  Get out there and start today!  Don't put off today until tomorrow... Before you know it weeks will have gone by with unfulfilled yesterdays. 

MY RUN TODAY:
I just ran 2.34 mi in 26:11 with a 11:13 min/mile pace using . Check out my route!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Great run! Well done, keep this up. Your blogs are informative and loaded with great tips, I look forward to reading more!

    This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete